The market continues to grow with new choices that meet more specific needs, such as those wishing to double their laptop as a tablet or the pro-player, who must still play on-the-go. Consider how you plan to use it the most while shopping for your next laptop. Larger laptops usually pack a better processor and generally a sharper display.
Yes, when shopping for a new laptop, you will want to take account of design, specs, performance and battery life. However, if you don’t know a graphics card processor, don’t worry, because for you we will spell it all.
For now, we’re going to keep it really basic: for instance, if you’re looking for a lightweight notebook for on-the-go use, you want a 13 inch or less diagonal display. For a long lifespan of the battery, look for a Full HD laptop because the battery charge will last longer. But you need a larger processor and greater resolution when you are someone that needs a laptop to design work, or typically uses powerful computer applications.
Follow our review to the best laptops to think about buying in 2020 with all this in mind.
THE BEST MAC
Apple MacBook Pro With Touch Bar
- Quad-core 8th-Generation Intel Core i5 Processor
- Brilliant Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645
- Ultrafast SSD
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- 802.11AC Wi-Fi
- Latest Apple-designed keyboard
- Force Touch trackpad
The MacBook Pro is elegant, lightweight and powerful and comes with Touch Bar and Touch ID. The Touch Bar provides important tools and shortcuts for the applications in use to improve the workflow. Furthermore, the Touch ID not only secures the device, but it also makes Apple Pay.
All MacBook Pro models deliver great performance and user experience, as expected. These also offer an outstanding quality Retina display, a decent keyboard, and the best laptop trackpad.
If you are a power user, the latest 16-inch MacBook Pro is the one you want. It’s unbelievably beautiful, and you can smash every job you undertake. It has a much better keyboard and the best speaker on a laptop we have used up to now.
Or if you just want to perform a college/office task, watch movies, and want great battery life, there is nothing better than MacBook Air that is down to less than $1000 at Amazon right now.
THE BEST WINDOWS 10 LAPTOP
HP Envy (13-inch) Touchscreen Laptop
- Tenth-generation quad-core Intel Core i7 CPU
- Intel graphics
- 8 GB of RAM
- 13-inch touch screen with Full HD resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass
- 256 GB of SSD storage
- Windows Hello sign-in with a fingerprint sensor and facial recognition
- Thunderbolt 3-capable USB-C port, two full USB-A ports, microSD card reader
- Bang & Olufsen-tuned stereo speakers
- Up to 16:45 hours of battery life, fast charging capabilities
The latest generation HP Envy with 13″ screen is the best Windows 10 laptop by offering a mixture of attractive design, high-quality craftsmanship, superlative performance, and fair price. It has powerful and forward-looking hardware, a high-quality touch screen with slim bezels, and great battery life for up to 16 hours. The best thing is that the HP Envy is less than $1,000, so it’s probably in the budget.
The HP Envy’s all-metal case has an attractive and excellent tactile design. The port choices include a standard USB 3.1 port and a USB-C option supporting Thunderbolt 3, which allows the use of both legacy and modern peripherals.
An integrated fingerprint sensor and speakers tuned by Bang and Olufsen are also key features of the notebook. There is also a dedicated button in the notebook to disable the integrated webcam if you don’t need that.
THE BEST GAMING LAPTOP
Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7 9750H 6 Core Processor (Up to 4.5GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics with 6GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness and 72 percentage NTSC)
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots; 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) and 1 Available Hard Drive Bay
- Backlit Keyboard; LAN: Killer Ethernet E2500 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; Wireless: Killer DoubleShot Pro Wireless AC 1550 802. 11ac; 4th Gen All Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
Thanks to the cool design, the good hardware spectra and excellent performance at a really great price, the latest Acer Predator Helios 300 is the finest laptop for many prospects. The full-length gaming notebook is also a good future-proof choice with upgradable hardware.
The Helios 300 has an excellent gaming performance, particularly in its price range. With today’s AAA game titles in full HD-resolution, the latest NVIDIA GPU generation can be easily powered at high settings. The Acer Predator 300 also has an excellent range of connectivity features (wired and wireless), as expected from a gaming laptop. The notebook scales 5 pounds–an acceptable value for a laptop packed with this functionality.
THE BEST CHROMEBOOK
Google Pixelbook Go Chromebook
- Eighth-generation Intel Core m3, Core i5/i7 CPU
- Intel graphics
- 8/16 GB of RAM
- 13.3-inch touchscreen with 1,920 by 1,080 pixels or 3,840 by 2,160 pixels
- Up to 256 GB of SSD storage
- Two USB-C ports
- Up to 12 hours of battery life, fast charging capability
- Built-in Full HD webcam
Google’s own Pixelbook Go is today’s best Chrome OS laptop. The long-awaited Google Pixelbook successor has a surprisingly elegant design, great hardware specifications, blazing-fast performance, great keyboard and trackpad, and amazing battery life.
Best of all, the Pixelbook Go is more appealingly affordable than its predecessor with a starting price of $649. Google provides a Pixelbook Go entry level with 8 GB RAM to ensure that several tasks are not missed.
The Pixelbook Go has a grippy texture on its bottom that is not only cool-looking in the metal but also helps to keep it from unintentionally falling out of your hand while you hold it. The Chromebook’s magnesium frame is light and thin but impressively robust.
BEST 2 IN 1 LAPTOP
Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- Tenth-generation Intel Core i5/i7 CPU (quad-core)
- Intel UHD/Iris Plus Graphics
- Up to 16 GB of RAM
- 12.3-inch high-resolution PixelSense touch screen
- USB 3.1 port; USB-C port; microSD card slot
- Windows Hello sign-in with facial recognition
- Up to 10.5 hours of battery life, fast charging capabilities
- Compatible with Surface Pen and Surface Dial
The newest Microsoft Surface Pro offers all the elements that made the product family of the technology giant popular with consumers: looks, design, strength, and flexibility.
Surface Pro 7 is offered by Microsoft in a wide range of hardware configurations to ensure that buyers find one that matches their spending plan. The most recent Intel 10th generation processors are available in all models.
We wish that both the Type keyboard cover and the Surface Pen would not have been extra charged by Microsoft. For both items, I strongly recommend that you spend accordingly.