In Safari for iOS, you can disable the camera, microphone, and location access. These days, almost everyone is more concerned about their privacy than ever before. There’s a good reason for this. With multiple privacy breach reports and battles between tech giants over how advertising tracking should be done, you can never be too careful when it comes to safeguarding your personal information. Safari for iOS has been updated to allow you to fine-tune your privacy settings. Learn how to prevent websites from accessing your microphone, camera, or location in Safari for iOS.
Disable Block Camera, Microphone, And Location Access In iOS Safari?
- Open Safari on iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the website you want to block camera and microphone permissions on and tap the “aA” icon in the top bar next to the website address.
- Next, choose “Website Settings” from the pop-up menu.
- This will take you to the website’s settings page. To see more options, tap on “Camera.”
- Change and block the camera permissions by selecting “Deny.”
- Likewise, tap “Microphone” and select “Deny” to expand the options. If you want to prevent access, do the same for the Location. That’s all it takes to turn off the camera, microphone, and location access for a specific website. Safari, by default, does not allow any website to access your device’s camera, microphone, or location. The website will not be able to access your camera, microphone, or location unless you approve the request through the pop-up menu that appears when a website requests access.
You just need to disable your camera, microphone, and access to a location for a certain website. Note that Safari cannot access the camera, microphone, or location of your device by default on any website. The website will not be able to access your camera, microphone, or location without your approval of a request through the popup menu that appears when the website requests access.
If you want to completely block access to the location of the Safari application, follow the following steps:
- Launch the Setting app on your iPhone.
- Scroll Down, tap Privacy.
- Tap Location Service.
- Scroll down and select Safari Websites in the App list.
- Tap Never under Allow Location Access.
This is so, no Safari website can access your site.
Have you decided to restrict access to your device’s camera, microphone, and location for all websites? You can also block pop-ups in Safari to avoid being bothered by website pop-ups. Finally, here are all of Safari’s best features.