The most significant update to iOS to date is iOS 16. A customizable Lock Screen, an iCloud shared photo library, smarter dictation, a fitness app, and other features will be available in iOS 16, which will be unveiled at WWDC 2022. Let’s download and install the iOS 16 public betas on your iPhone now that it has been made available.
Devices that are compatible with the iOS 16 public beta:
- iPhone 13 Lineup
- iPhone SE 5G
- iPhone 12 Lineup
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone 11 Lineup
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone Xs Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
Backup your iPhone
Before installing the iOS 16 beta on your device, you must backup and archive it. This way, you can recover the majority of your data in case something goes wrong or you decide to downgrade to iOS 15.
How to install the iOS 16 Public Beta on an iPhone
- Launch Safari and sign in to beta.apple.com/profiles.
- Enter Your Apple ID Credentials (Note: Enroll your iOS device if you are a beta tester).
- Simply scroll down and select the Download profile option.
- After you select allow, again tap on close to confirm the download.
- Open Setting on Your iOS Device and tap on Profile Downloaded.
- Then click Install on the top right corner.
- Now enter the passcode for your device.
- Tap on Install twice.
- Then select Done.
- Tap on the Restart option if it pops up.
Install the update after that!
How to set up iOS 16 Public Beta on an iPhone
- Open Setting on Your iOS Device and go to General.
- Select Software Update.
- When the update appears, select Download and Install.
- Then enter the passcode for your device.
After entering, the public beta for iOS 16 will begin downloading. The update will need to be prepared for a while before it can be installed.